Skeletons in a Box
CTHS has other skeletons that can be checked out for educational purposes that include:
2 black bears
Black Bear Wolf
Skeleton in a Box kits started in 2003 when Tim Lundt, science teacher at Burchell High School received a grant from Alaska Department of Fish and Game to create 6 portable kits ( 2 moose, 2 wolves and 2 black bears). These kits have been articulated by hundreds of students over the years as a way to learn about Alaska wildlife, anatomy and the differences between animals. Since then students at Mat-Su Career & Technical HS created a third moose kit, lynx kit and now 2 wood bison kits.
The kits can be checked out by any organization as long as the organization agrees to:
- return the skeletons within 2 weeks unless approved by Tim Lundt
- all glue is removed from the bones
- bones returned to the correct containers
- don't write anything on the bones
- replace hot glue sticks, and rubber bands
- leave all bolts in the stand
- make sure tools, glue gun and manuals are returned to each box
- if any bones are broken please note and inform Tim Lundt once the boxes are returned
If you are interested in checking out the kits contact Tim Lundt at CTHS at 352-0433.